M.Ch (Orth) UK
Director, HOD Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement at Asian Bariatrics, Ahmedabad
Ranawat Joint Reconstruction Fellow (2007-08) New York, USA
International Visiting Professor, UK
M +91 94081 42999
E email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Dhiraj Marothi started his medical journey from SPMC, Bikaner. He followed it up with multiple national and international fellowships including Clinical Fellowship in Knee Reconstructive Surgery at the Lenox Hill Hospital, NYC, USA under world renowned Arthoplasty surgeon Dr. C. S. Ranawat, MD, who was one of the original developers and father of total knee replacement surgery. Post this Dr. Marothi also did a super specialization - M.Ch (Orth) at University of Dundee, Scotland, UK.
Over the last 17 years in Orthopaedics, he has presented his work worldwide and served as a faculty member & panelist in over 100 national and international seminars and has many publications in national & international journals of repute He was awarded K. T. Dholakia award for best paper presentation at the Ranawat Orthopaedics Conference (ROC) held in Mumbai 2015. He was selected in Top 100 Doctors amongst all SPMCians who passed out since its inception ( S P Medical College Bikaner) and awarded with the prestigious ‘SPMC Gaurav’ award. Dr Marothi has received numerous academic and professional accolades, including “International Visiting Faculty” and “Excellence award for Teaching Faculty” by M.Ch Orth Course Director, University of Dundee, Scotland U.K. Dr. Marothi has been hugely covered by print, electronic and digital media alike in India and overseas.
He has served more than 95 charitable camps all over the country reaching more than 10,000 patients. He has an open mind towards religion, beliefs and caste and is a reliable person with flexible approach towards his work. Enjoys working in a team and can also work under pressure even in a busy environment. Willing to take any assignment, regardless of the challenge. A pragmatic person with an ability to pick up new ideas and concepts quickly. Always enthusiastic to learn new skills and approaches.
Education & Qualification
MBBS, D.Orth, M.S. Orth, M.Ch (Orth) UK
Ranawat Reconstruction Fellowship 2007-08, New York, USA
“International visiting Faculty” M.Ch (Orth) Course. University of Dundee, UK
Associate Professor, DNB Orth Post Graduate Course.
- Indian Orthopedic Association (Life Member)
- Central zone of Indian Orthopedic Association (Life Member)
- Rajasthan Orthopedic Association (Life Member)
- ISHKS (Indian Surgeons Hip & Knee Society) (Life Member)
- RORF (Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation) (Life Member)
- JESS Medical & Research Centre, Mumbai (Life Member)
- APAS (Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Surgeons Association) (Life Member)
Teaching & Training Courses
- Faculty: Dry Bone Workshop –Hip & Knee Replacement Cuscgieri Skill Center Ninewells Hospitals, Dundee Scotland UK.
- Faculty, International Arthroplasty Conference 2016 Egypt.
- Faculty, APAS 2016 Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Conference Penang, Malaysia
- International Visiting Faculty” M.Ch. Orth Course University Of Dundee, UK
Honors & Awards
- International Visiting Faculty M.Ch (Orth) Course, University of Dundee, UK
- Late Prof.K.T Dholakia Best Paper Award
- Top 100 doctors of SPMCIAN
- SPMC Gaurav Award by SP Medical College Bikaner, Oct 2015
- Excellence Award for Teaching by university of Dundee (RCS) April 2016
- TPF Achiever Award
- APAS 2017 Best Paper Award (Asia Pacific Arthoplasty Society Conference)
- Best technique Award, GOACON 2014
- Experience of more than 10000 Joint Replacement surgeries
- Consulted more than 15000 patients at charitable camps
- Hon. Senior Lecturer, University of Dundee
- Abhinandand Patra by his Highness O.P. Kohli Governor of Gujarat, Ahmedabad, India 2016
- Samaj Gaurav Award by Desh aur Vyapaar Newspaper Science center Auditorium, Surat.
Research Work & Publication
- J A PAchore, Ashish Sheth, Kalpesh Shah, Dhiraj P Marothi, Rahul Puri
“Hip Arthroplasty as a salvage procedure following failed internal fixation of inter-trochentric fractures”
Indian Journal of orthopaedics (Indexed Journal with pubmed & SCI)
- Marothi DK, Maheshwari A, Gregory B, Ranawat A, Ranawat CS.
Roentgenographic Classification of Wedging in Tapered-Wedge Proximally Coated Non-Cemented Femoral Stems. Abstract submitted and presented at AAHKS 2008. (Communicated)
- Maheshwari A, Marothi DK, Travor C, Ranawat A, Ranawat CS.
A Two-Year Matched-Pair Analysis Comparing the Results of a Senior Surgeon to his Apprentice Using a Tapered-Wedge Proximally Coated Non-Cemented Femoral Stem. Abstract submitted and presented at AAHKS 2008. (Communicated)
- Poster presented accepted at IOS, UK 11th Annual meeting at Llandudno, North Wales, UK. 2009. On topic - How much have we lowered our threshold for patient selection in hip arthroplasty in last 10 years?
- Marothi DK, Nicoll D, Johnston L.
How Much have we lowered our threshold for patient selection in hip arthroplasty in last 10 years? (Communicated)
- Dhiraj P Marothi, Vipin Sharma, Ashish N Sheth, Vikram I Shah, L Bharath, J A Pachore
Management of Infected Total Knee Arthroplasty by a New Innovative Customized Articulating Knee Spacer: An Early Experience
- Marothi D1. Asian Journal of Arthroplasty Special edition ROF “Farsh se Arsh tak” http://aaajournalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/12-Jan-April-2017-ROF-Supplement.pdf